Blue Planet Energy Law is a boutique law firm focused on providing innovative and cost-effective legal solutions to the energy industry. The firm was founded by Carl Fink, an energy attorney with more than 25 years of energy industry experience. Blue Planet Energy Law prides itself on the ability to provide better quality and more responsive service than large law firms with similar expertise, but at a fraction of the cost.
Carl brings the perspective of a former FERC regulator, a partner in a large law firm, and, most importantly, as a business person responsible for acquiring and providing top quality legal advice within budget and with an eye toward bottom line results. His transactional experience includes a wide variety of energy-related matters, including
- Gas pipeline transportation and storage contracts;
- Renewable energy development;
- Project financing (both for traditional and renewable energy sources);
- Energy and environmental commodity trading;
- Electric transmission and interconnection agreements;
- Mergers, acquisitions and due diligence;
- Joint venture agreements;
- Shipper and vendor contract negotiations;
- Complex credit and risk negotiations;
- All aspects of major greenfield infrastructure development.
In the regulatory arena, Carl has represented
- Interstate pipeline and storage companies and their customers;
- Independent and renewable power projects;
- Smart-grid companies;
- Electric utilities;
- Energy trading companies;
- Major industrial end-users.
In regulatory matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Bonneville Power Administration (BPA), the California Air Resources Board (ARB), and various state public service commissions and appellate courts. Carl also advises clients with respect to all issues arising under the Natural Gas Act, Energy Policy Act, Federal Power Act, ARB 32 and numerous other state and federal statutes affecting the energy industry. More information about Mr. Fink