Environmental Commodities / Carbon Cap and Trade
North America has become one of the largest environmental commodity markets in the world with the launch of California’s and Quebec’s carbon cap and trade market joining the active Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (“RGGI”) market in the Northeastern U.S. and Eastern Canada, the markets for Renewable Energy Credits (“RECS”), and the SO2/NOx markets (as impacted by the EPA’s Cross-State Air Pollution Rule).
Blue Planet Energy Law can advise you on all commercial, regulatory and compliance aspects related to the environmental commodities markets, including
- Issuance, purchase and sale of offsets created in accordance with existing and future ARB Compliance Offset Protocols, including Ozone Depleting Substances, Forestry, Livestock Methane Reduction, Rice Cultivation, and Mine Methane.
- California and Quebec Cap and Trade Auction Participation
- CITSS registration and maintenance
- Understanding and complying with the California Air Resources Board’s (“ARB”) AB 32 and Cap and Trade Regulations
- The purchase and sale of RGGI allowances
- Participation in RGGI Auction
- Creation, purchase and sale of RECs, including green gas, solar and wind RECs,
- Long and short term structured transactions, forward market transactions and swaps
- Brokerage transactions