- Representing a major industrial customer in litigation of interstate pipeline rate proceeding before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Advised an electric utility on negotiating purchase of gas storage capacity as anchor shipper for new facility.
- Advised an intrastate pipeline on regulatory approach to securing timely federal and state authorizations authorization
Advised power generator on structuring gas asset management agreements and capacity release regulations.
- Advised a major interstate pipeline with respect to FERC compliance matters.
- Advised an investment bank on global LNG market.
- Advised a power developer on negotiation of long-term gas acquisition strategies
- Advised an interstate pipeline on restructuring gas transportation portfolio.
Environmental Commodities / Carbon Cap and Trade
- Advised a major energy company on regulatory requirements for California carbon cap and trade markets.
- Advised a lender on renewable energy credit transactions in multiple states.
- Advised a major energy company on commercial and regulatory aspects of offset creation through destruction of ozone-depleting substances.
- Represented an energy company before the California Air Resources Board aspects of proposing modifications to regulations regarding auction participation.
Smart Grid / Energy Storage
- Advised a developer of innovative thermal energy storage technology on regulatory market structures and opportunities in Pacific Northwest and California.
- Advised a smart grid developer on commercial negotiations for installation of utility-addressable irrigation systems
- Advised a public utility on federal regulatory impacts of distributed generation program.
Renewable Energy: Solar/Wind/Hydro/Waste Gas
- Advised lender on due diligence for large solar power facility in Florida.
- Advised major utility on issues related to wind PPA agreements and transmission.
- Advised solar power developer on RFP bid for solar power facilities in New York.
- Counseled developer of proposed pumped-storage hydro facility on negotiation of offtake agreements and regulatory requirements.
- Advised developer on EPC agreement for solar construction project in California.
- Advised offtaker of landfill gas on purchase agreements and REC generation.
- Advised lender on installation of solar facilities on U. S. military base.
- Counseled developer of landfill-methane project on regulatory requirements.
FERC/BPA Regulatory Advice and Litigation
- Representing a major industrial customer in litigation of interstate pipeline rate proceeding before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Representing industry trade group on direct access issues before the Oregon Public Utility Commission.
- Representing commodity trader in rulemaking proceedings before the California Air Resources Board.
- Represented thermal electric generator before the Bonneville Power Authority and complaint proceedings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regarding environmental redispatch of electric power and related tariff issues.
- Advised multiple energy companies on compliance requirements under Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regulations.
- Advised power generator in obtaining modifications to rulemaking promulgated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Represented interstate pipelines in rate case proceedings under Section 4 of the Natural Gas Act before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Secured state and federal permits for construction of new international gas pipeline.
- Advised investors regarding state regulations for solar power subsidies in numerous states.
- Advised industrial energy consumer on litigation regarding pipeline safety issues and potential violation of Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) regulations.