Founder and Managing Counsel
Blue Planet Energy Law is a law firm focused on providing innovative and cost-effective legal solutions to the energy industry. We pride ourselves on the ability to provide better quality and more responsive service than large law firms with similar expertise, but at a fraction of the cost.
Blue Planet Energy Law attorneys bring the perspective of former FERC and state regulators, partners in large law firms, and as business persons responsible for acquiring and providing top quality legal advice within budget and with an eye toward bottom line results.
Our transactional experience includes a wide variety of energy-related matters, including:
- Gas pipeline transportation and storage contracts;
- Gas and Power commodity market transactions;
- Environmental commodity trading, including the California Carbon cap and trade programs, RGGI, and RECS;
- Renewable energy development;
- Project financing (both for traditional and renewable energy sources);
- Electric transmission and interconnection agreements;
- Mergers, acquisitions and due diligence;
- Joint venture agreements;
- Shipper and vendor contract negotiations;
- Complex credit and risk negotiations;
- Financing; and
- All aspects of major greenfield infrastructure development.
In the regulatory arena
Blue Planet Energy Law represents a wide variety of clients in matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Bonneville Power Administration (BPA), the California Air Resources Board (ARB), and various state public service commissions and appellate courts, and advises clients with respect to all issues arising under the Natural Gas Act, Energy Policy Act, Federal Power Act, California AB 32 and numerous other state and federal statutes affecting the energy industry. We have successfully represented a wide variety of clients in complex regulatory matters and litigation, including:
- Interstate natural gas pipeline and storage companies and their customers, especially municipalities and industrial end-users;
- Independent and renewable power projects;
- Smart-grid companies;
- Electric utilities; and
- Energy trading companies;
For a more detailed biography, please click on the following link: Carl Fink.