The US Federal Renewable Fuels Standard Program, the Canadian Clean Fuels Standards, and the California and Oregon Low Carbon Fuel Standards Programs create complex compliance obligations affected wide segments of the North American economy, but also creates substantial opportunities for renewable fuels developers and market participants. Some studies anticipate that the market the annual market value of credits traded under the California LCFS program will exceed US$4 billion within the next few years.
Blue Planet Energy Law can advise you on all commercial, regulatory and compliance aspects related to these programs, including
- Compliance with program requirements.
- Creation and management of renewable fuel pathways
- Purchase and sale of credits
- Renewable fuel transportation agreements
- Long and short term structured transactions, forward market transactions and swaps
- Brokerage transactions
- Master agreements and annexes